Best Ways to Unlock Your Laptop After Forgetting Password
There are many methods to unlock Windows laptop and Computer after forgetting the password. But in this article, I’m going to share with you the 5 of the most effective and easiest ways to unlock a locked Windows laptop and Computer.
Method 1: Unlock Your Laptop Using Windows Installation CD
When you’ve a Windows installation CD, you can reset your Windows password even when you’re locked out of the laptop. By using CMD Windows password you can be reset very easily.
Steps to Unlock your Windows Laptop using Windows Installation CD:
- First of all, start the laptop using Windows installation CD, and you should see an installation wizard.
- Now, You Click on the Repair Your Computer option and then select Command Prompt from System Recovery Options. (or you can directly press Shift+F10 to run command prompt).
- After that, Enter the following commands in the command prompt and hit Enter:
- Just after this enter the following command in the same command prompt window and press Enter:
sethc.exe is a process associated with Windows NT High Contrast Invocation. With default Windows settings, this process is run when the shift is pressed 5 times in sequence.By using this command “copy c:windowssystem32cmd.exe c:windowssystem32sethc.exe”, we’re replacing sethc.exe with cmd.exe.
It means when the Shift key will be pressed 5 times, command prompt should open automatically!
- Now, remove your DVD and restart your laptop. After the system reboot, the login screen will open again. There you press Shift key 5 times to open the command prompt (we replaced sethc.exe with cmd.exe).
- Finally, you are succeeded to reset your Windows laptop’s password by using the following command in command prompt.
- Congrats! Now you can log in to your laptop with the new password.
Disclaimer: This procedure might not work for Windows 10 Laptops and Computer. So, if you are a Windows 10 user then you can let me know via Comment I am sure I will help you.
Method 2: Unlock Your Laptop and Computer Using Password Reset Disk
It’s the most reliable and great method to unlock your laptop. For using this method, you must have created a password reset disk before your laptop was locked.
So, if you’ve previously created a password reset disk on your Windows laptop, it will help you a lot in resetting the forgotten password easily. By using that password reset disk, you can reset the Windows password any number of times.
If you have the password reset disk, just click “Reset password” link on Windows login screen to follow Password Reset Wizard, or boot locked laptop from the password reset disk, all of which could easily reset user password and unlock locked laptop.
Method 3: Unlock you Laptop Using Third Party Password Recovery Tools
Nowadays, there are many third party tools available on the web, helping Windows users unlock their locked laptop in just a few seconds. The third party tools that are Password recovery tools allow users to reset or remove your password without having to perform a reinstallation or undergo a system lockout.
Most of the password recovery tools allow users to create a password reset disk from an accessible computer and use it on the locked laptop to reset the password. While the originally created password reset disk can be performed on the same computer it’s created on.
Today I want to recommend you the best two Windows password recovery tools to unlock your laptop quickly within a few seconds when you forget the password or even when you are unable to login to your computer.
- iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery
- iSunshare Windows Password Genius
Method 4: Unlock Windows Laptop by Resetting it to Factory Settings
Resetting your laptop and Computer to factory settings means that taking it to the initial condition as it was when you purchased it from a manufacturer. So, after factory resetting your laptop, it will automatically be unlocked.
But Factory resetting your Laptop have some Condition:
- The fear in this method is losing your important data.
- All the setting and changes you had made before will be erased.
- This factory reset will permanently remove all your files and apps from the laptop.
- Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.
There are many ways to restore your Windows laptop such as using installation CD, using System Restore feature etc.
Method 5: Restore Windows to an Early Backup Point
Most Windows have the operating systems support System Restore feature. And by using the System Restore in Windows the Restore Points are being created.
Generally, Windows automatically creates the restore points every week and when any significant change made in the system such as installation or deletion of a program etc.However, you can also create the System Restore Point manually when you need.
By using this System Restore Point, you can return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting your personal files.
So, you can restore your Windows system to that backup point when you were remembered your password by simply using the System Restore feature and using the Restore Point.
There are many Many methods to Unlock Windows Laptop and Computer when you forgot your Password but the methods in this article which you have been seen are the best 5 effective and easiest methods to Unlock your Windows Laptop and Computer. If there is any Convenient method you want to suggest then you can let me know via comments. I will also update here when I will find any other better one.
Please keep visiting our website to stay updated with the latest tech of the world, I will again come back with another latest and exciting tech of the World soon in my next post.
See also: Top 10 Best Laptops you can buy in 2017